The online Primer in Statistics covers introductory concepts in statistics - descriptive and inferential statistics, Box Plots, Quartiles & Percentiles, Range and Standard Deviation and Testing for Normality.
The course is interactive. It includes a variety of animated simulations, spreadsheet activities and questions, as well as tests.
The theme of the course is how to use statistics to help you do a better job. Wherever possible ideas have been introduced on process improvement and Six Sigma.
Course brochure in Adobe Acrobat format
The course will help you to prepare for:
- our courses in Statistical Process Control and Design of Experiments
- the ASQ exams for Quality Engineer Certification (CQE), Six Sigma Black Belt Certification (SSBB) and Quality Technician Certification (CQT)
- any Green or Black Belt Six Sigma programs
Knowledge of basic mathematical operations, ability to use Microsoft Excel
Access to the course material is given for 4 weeks. The average time to work through all of the course material is 20 hours.
Any date/time nominated by the course participant
Internet Explorer 5 or higher (or equivalent), Microsoft Excel 97 or higher
By email. All questions answered within 24 hours 7 days a week.
Some of the feedback received from the past course participants:
- "The primer saves a lot of time and is much more effective than passive reading. It is fun too."
- "The fundamentals of statistics have been explained in a beautiful manner which makes them easy to understand."
- "As an ASQ Certified Quality Technician I found it very educational."
- "This course made more sense in 1 hour than a semester of statistics in college."
Price (including GST)
Outside Australia (excluding GST): $150
Volume discounts: for groups of 5 or more. Site licenses are also available. See http://www.margaret.net/license/ for more information. The course can also be customised to specific requirements. Please contact http://www.margaret.net/contact.htm.
Note: if you enrol in either SPC or DOE course this entire course will be provided at no charge