The online course in Design of Experiments (DOE) covers factorial design, ANOVA (Analysis of Variance) and interpretation of results.
The course is self-paced and interactive. It includes Excel based simulations like the simulation of a fibre tensile test. You carry out an experiment and then analyse data collected. The course also includes Excel-based software for analysing the types of design covered.
Course brochure in Adobe Acrobat format
After completing the course you will be able to:
- Carry out factorial experiments to support process improvement initiatives
- Select an appropriate design for a full or fractional factorial experiment, carry out an experiment and analyse the results
- Set up a hypothesis test
- Use a 't' test or an 'F' test to determine levels of significance and confidence
- Analyse an experiment using the ANOVA method
- Test for normality using a Normal Probability Plot
- Identify the significant factors in a screening design
- Carry out an analysis of residuals
- Use commercial software; being able to follow the concepts and terminology used in the software, tutorials and documentation
Knowledge of basic mathematical operations, understanding of basic statistics (you can brush up your knowledge with our free Primer in Statistics) and statistical process control, ability to use Microsoft Excel
Access to the course material is given for 4 weeks with a 2-week extension at no extra cost on request (the free extension can be postponed if needed). The average time to work through all of the course material is 30 hours.
Any date/time nominated by the course participant
Internet Explorer 5 or higher (or equivalent), Microsoft Excel 97 or higher
By email. All questions answered within 24 hours 7 days a week.
Certificates are issued on completion of over 80% of the course material. The course can earn 3 RUs (Recertification Units) for ASQ recertification.
Some of the feedback received from the past course participants:
- "The DOE course exceeded all of my expectations."
- "It was my first online course. I never dreamt that it could be done so systematically and in an organised manner. "
- " The Design of Experiments course provided a lot of valuable material that will be very useful in my day to day
- "My mind has been stimulated and challenged with far more information than I expected. I have looked at other courses costing more which gave much less."
Price (including GST)
Outside Australia (excluding GST): $300
Volume discounts: for groups of 5 or more. Site licenses are also available. See http://www.margaret.net/license/ for more information. The course can also be customised to specific requirements. Please contact http://www.margaret.net/contact.htm.