The online course in Statistical Process Control (SPC) covers the most significant and commonly used methods of Statistical Process Control. It covers variation, process capability, control charts for variables and control charts for attributes.
The course is self-paced and includes interactive tutorials, case studies and unlimited individual email support from the course instructor. It includes tests as well as numerous individual questions. It also includes assignments to be carried out on a computer-simulated process.
After completing the course you will be able to apply Statistical Process Control in your workplace. You will also be able to interpret the results from SPC systems properly, avoiding common confusions and misconceptions, and identifying opportunities for process improvement.
Course brochure in Adobe Acrobat format: spc_course.pdf
After completing the course you will:
- understand the statistical concepts underpinning Statistical Process Control
- understand the effects of variation on processes and be able to use that understanding to make sound decisions
- be able to conduct Process Capability Studies and apply Control Charts in the workplace
- interpret the output of Statistical Process Control methods effectively, avoiding misconceptions and identifying opportunities for process improvement
Knowledge of basic mathematical operations, understanding of basic statistics (you can brush up your knowledge with our free Primer in Statistics), ability to use Microsoft Excel
Access to the course material is given for 4 weeks with a 2-week extension at no extra cost on request (the free extension can be postponed if needed). The average time to work through all of the course material is 30 hours.
Any date/time nominated by the course participant
Internet Explorer 4 or higher (or equivalent), Microsoft Excel 97 or higher
By email. All questions answered within 24 hours 7 days a week.
Certificates are issued on completion of over 80% of the course material. The course can earn 2 RUs (Recertification Units) for ASQ recertification.
Some of the feedback received from the past course participants:
- "Statistical process control very well explained. Easy to follow the logic. Good problems that make you really think and apply the concepts."
- "It was a good experiment. Price was right. I received prompt e-mail responses. The course was informative and will be useful in my day-to-day work application."
- "I especially like your 'Peek at the Method' for instant evaluation. I like being able to check the method against my work even when I get the correct answer. Of course, it's great to take a peek when I am really stuck so that I can continue studying. This gives me flexibility to study any hour of any day as I choose. It's great!"
Price (including GST)
Outside Australia (excluding GST): $270
Volume discounts: for groups of 5 or more. Site licenses are also available. See http://www.margaret.net/license/ for more information. The course can also be customised to specific requirements. Please contact http://www.margaret.net/contact.htm.