The online course in Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) provides comprehensive coverage of Measurement Systems Analysis and Gage R&R studies. The approach used is consistent with TS16949/QS9000 and covers variable and attribute measuring systems.
The content includes selecting the resolution of the measuring equipment; carrying out gage R&R studies; using analytical and graphical methods to interpret the results; calculating bias and linearity, using both Excel and the Minitab statistical software package; attribute studies, calculating Cohen's kappa, using both Excel and Mintab, interpreting the results.
Course brochure in Adobe Acrobat format
After completing this course you will be able to:
- carry out a Gauge R&R study using the an approach consistent with QS9000/TS16949 requirements
- analyze measurement systems for both variables and attributes
- evaluate the effect of measurement errors on the effectiveness of inspection and process improvement
- diagnose problems with measurement systems, and identify opportunities for improvement
Knowledge of basic mathematical operations, understanding of basic statistics (you can brush up your knowledge with our free Primer in Statistics), ability to use Microsoft Excel
Access to the course material is given for 4 weeks with a 2-week extension at no extra cost on request (the free extension can be postponed if needed). The average time to work through all of the course material is 30 hours.
Any date/time nominated by the course participant
Internet Explorer 5 or higher (or equivalent), Microsoft Excel 97 or higher
By email. All questions answered within 24 hours 7 days a week.
Certificates are issued on completion of over 80% of the course material. The course can earn 3 RUs (Recertification Units) for ASQ recertification.
Some of the feedback received from the past course participants:
- "I am satisfied with the course and delivery. I have conducted a number R and R gage studies, and this was a good refresher with some new concepts or methods sprinkled in."
- "The course suits managers and supervisors who are dealing with measurement because it is interactive and clear. It gives much more value than 1 or 2 day seminar. One of the greatest features of the course is the ability to interface with Glen on matters of difficulty and practical application of the course material."
Price (including GST)
Outside Australia (excluding GST): $250
Volume discounts: for groups of 5 or more. Site licenses are also available. See http://www.margaret.net/license/ for more information. The course can also be customised to specific requirements. Please contact http://www.margaret.net/contact.htm.