Multivoting is a similar idea to Nominal Group Technique.
- brainstorm a list of options
- review the list, combining similar ideas etc.
- vote for the items worth further discussion - no limit on the number of choices, participants can vote for all items if they like
- the items that are voted for by at least half the participants go to the next round
- vote again, this time each participant can only vote for half the remaining items
- continue until only four of five ideas remain for discussion
- proceed with appropriate action
Follow the links for more examples of Team Tools and Process Improvement Tools.