Lean production is a system
of production based on eliminating 'muda',
the term meaning waste in its broadest interpretation.
Lean production involves:
- eliminating defects, achieving perfect
first pass quality
- eliminating all non-value adding activities
- continuous improvement (kaizen)
- using pull systems of production (eg.
- flexibility, ability for quick changeovers
and immediate response to changes in demand
- long term relationships with suppliers
involving strong and open communication
Terms used in Lean Production include: